If you have a home-based business, you may question whether working from home affects your productivity.
Whilst we all enjoyed working in sweat pants and juggling housework in-between clients, you’re probably realising it isn’t easy to multi-task and working from home has drawbacks.
If you’re ready to consider different options for your workspace, one strong possibility could be a coworking space.
So, what are coworking spaces?
Coworking involves people working independently or collaboratively in a shared office space. Some coworking spaces are niche-oriented while others welcome anyone looking for a place to work.
You may be able to rent a dedicated desk or a small private office in a coworking space.
Most members of the coworking space have access to printers, copiers and high-speed internet connection. Others even provide advanced technology for members to use such as interactive whiteboards, large TV screens or conferencing facilities for important client meetings.
Every coworking space has its own unique features so we’d recommend to do some research to ensure it’s the perfect fit for you and your business.
What are the benefits of coworking office?
There wouldn’t be such a thing as coworking offices unless they’re convenient and useful.
- Furnished and ready to go. You save money on having to purchase a desk, office chair or decorations. No need to stay in the line to speak to internet providers as everything is ready to use. When you rent a coworking space, you come and go without worrying about paying for utilities or any other traditional expenses that come with renting an office space.
- Low-cost and short commitment. Many remote workers and freelancers enjoy using coworking spaces because they’re more affordable and flexible when it comes to rental contracts.
- Networking opportunities. Many local businesses collaborate and support members of coworking spaces. Special events and conferences are additional benefits members can participate in to learn and help grow their businesses.
Are there any downsides to coworking spaces?
Even though coworking spaces are a great alternative to traditional office space, there are some aspects you may want to consider before committing to a lease.
- Loud and crowded. We’re not saying our coworking spaces are loud and crowded but you may find other office buildings offering coworking spaces when there’s no space left. Consequently, make sure you book your viewings and ask any questions you may have regarding others in that space.
- Time limitations. Some coworking spaces are open limited hours which may not align with your work schedule. Lower cost memberships may also limit your access so make sure you read your T’s & C’s.
- Privacy and storage concerns. If you have frequent client meetings or need to deal with sensitive information over the phone then coworking conditions may not be ideal for your situation. Also, if you require storage for valuable assets then you may want to consider how to safely store them.
Before you decide to uproot your work and business from your living room or spare bedroom, consider and note any specific requirements for your working space. The best office space is the one meeting your needs and your clients.
At Madison Offices, we believe in offering only the best for our tenants. We have a wide range of coworking spaces you can choose from to meet your business requirements. Unlike others, our buildings are open 24/7 with no access restrictions. Alongside your furnished and equipped coworking space, you’ll have access to:
- Communal Kitchen
- Toilet & Showers
- Conference Facilities
- Free Parking
- Safe and CCTV Secure Building
If you’d like more information on our available offices in Leeds and surrounding areas then please contact our team.